Join a young and dynamic team at Malta Digital Innovation Authority as a Legal Associate Officer under the remit of the Chief Regulatory Officer, contributing to the management of the Authority’s legal function.
About the Job
The Legal Associate Officer shall be responsible for the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Chief Regulatory Officer in providing legal advice to Chief Officers, members of the management team and other members of the Authority as required. Drafting and/or reviewing internal processes, procedures, guidelines and manuals;
- Assisting in the handling of all corporate legal processes / documentation / correspondence as the need may be, keeping in mind the dynamic technological / regulatory environment of MDIA;
- Drafting legal documentation and mediating or conducting negotiations on behalf of the MDIA;
- Research and anticipate legal risks;
- GDPR/FOI Management;
- Liaising with PDPI in formulating MDIAs position in respect to International Affairs;
- Participating in and taking a leading role in the drafting of proposals of legislation as required by the Chief Regulatory Officer and, or other officers of the MDIA;
- Taking a proactive role in ensuring that the Authority meets its obligations in terms of local legislation, EU directives and corporate governance requirements;
- Proposing practical legal solutions addressing issues that arise daily in the regulation of the digital innovation sector;
- Co-ordinating the legal tasks assigned to the Legal function as may be directed by the Chief Regulatory Officer;
- Demonstrating a sound knowledge and understanding of Maltese and European legislation and providing the Chief Regulatory Officer with the required support regarding the interpretation of legal documentation;
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of contractual and governmental obligations, as directed or requested by the Authority’s senior management personnel;
- Ensuring the protection of data and compliance with the relevant Acts on an ongoing basis, and providing the necessary legal advice as and when required;
- Representing the MDIA in all legal matters, including litigation, negotiations and other legal matters as required;
- Drafting and checking of contracts;
- Liaising with the Authority’s consultants in relation to different projects on an ongoing basis as required.
Applicants must be in possession of the following:
- A recognized qualification at MQF level 6 in Legal/Law or related area of study and able to practice law in the courts of Malta;
- Specialization in Technology, Associated Regulations, Technology Compliancy is considered as an asset;
- European Computer Driving License (ECDL) or an equivalent, recognized qualification; and
- Soft skills required:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Self-confidence, pleasant personality, be smart and alert.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the 22nd of October 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.